Friday, November 2, 2018

Mixed Media Dream

Hi, everyone!  Today I stepped out of my comfort zone and played in the Mixability Challenge over at Splitcoast, which was to use different types of text on your card.  I am also playing in the Friday Free4All Challenge, which is to use a stamp or stamp set which has never seen ink before, so I chose the 'Elements of Style' set by Stampin Up and a misc text stamp which I bought at a scrapbook store over ten years ago.  I began by creating an inked panel using the Wrinkle Free Distress Technique (caramel, kraft, and blush dye inks were swiped onto a craft sheet, spritzed, then mopped up with the cardstock).  Once the panel was dry, the text stamp was stamped with Stazon Jet Black.  Each section of the stamp was torn, inked, then adhered to a Cherry Cobbler card base.  White acrylic paint was lightly painted over the text; the floral image from 'Elements of Style' was stamped with Stazon, then the flowers were colored with Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, and Always Artichoke markers.  The 'Dream' letters (from Top Dog Dies) were cut and adhered.  I decided not to add any embellishments so that it could be mailed with one stamp.


Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

No comments: