Saturday, July 26, 2014

Three Challenge Combo Cards!

Happy Saturday, everyone!!! Today's Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast is to find inspiration from the Leif Shop......I loved the colors of this phone case.  The background of my card was stamped with the smaller floral image from the ODBD Be Joyful set, then colored with markers.  Seeing the phone case with the camera cut-out inspired me to have a cut out as well, so I used a circle die to cut out a section, then stamped the sentiment in the negative space.  I have also incorporated the Friday Free4All Challenge, which was to use a stamp repeatedly to create a background.

ODBD Be Joyful, Card Designer Angie Crockett

My second card was a work in process all week.....each day before work I would spend a few minutes on it and finally got it finished....whew!!  I combined the Color Challenge in which I chose Daffodil, Strawberry, and Olive (and the dessert option of  'summer', the Sketch Challenge, and the Ways To Use It Challenge which was to use dots.  The strip of designer paper is from the ODBD 'Blooming Garden Collection' and the stamps are from the ODBD set, 'Zinnia'.  The flowers were colored with sponge daubers in daffodil first, then strawberry in the centers.  The flowers and leaves were cut with the ODBD Custom Zinnia and Leaves Die set.

ODBD Zinnia, ODBD Custom Zinnia and Leaves Die Set, Blooming Garden Designer Paper Collection, Card Designer Angie Crockett

My third card today I made for the Queen for the Day Challenge.....congrats to Dianne Beans aka sarahebo....woo hoo!!!  I chose this adorable card to recreate using the ODBD Custom Pennants Die Set, the Pennant Swag Alphabet stamp set, and a brand new embossing folder (from Darice). The single letters for "have" were stamped one at a time, then cut out with a word window punch; the "fun" letters were stamped then punched out with a star punch. Using a paper piercer, I made holes at the top of each pennant, then sewed baker's twine through them. The colors for this card were inspired from another piece from the Leif Shop, this tea towel

ODBD Custom Pennants Die Set, Pennant Swag Alphabet, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for visiting with me today!!

Have a blessed weekend!!

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett