Hi, everyone!! The stamping marathon continues (even though I'm behind in posting)! Two more long posts and then things will be back to normal.
My first card is for the DTGD18kiagc challenge. Instead of using stamps or dies for the background, I chose a real tree branch from my back yard to imprint onto a piece of white cardstock. Here is how it's done: fold a piece of copy paper in half then unfold it; place a cardstock panel down on one half, then the leaves (flowers, etc.), place another piece of cardstock on top of the leaves, then fold the scratch paper over the bundle. Run it through your die cut machine as you would when embossing with your dies. I tried a geranium flower first but it was so 'juicy' that it made a complete mess. (Note: when picking out your greenery for this technique, don't waste your time on ivy or holly or anything with a waxy coating....you'll get no print at all.) After the imprinted cardstock was dry (it was a bit damp), it was die cut with the ODBD Custom Double Stitched Rectangles Dies, then splattered with some artichoke ink from a wet paintbrush. The sentiment from 'Sentiments Collection' was stamped onto a panel cut with the ODBD Custom Circles and Double Stitched Circles Dies. I was amazed that the artichoke ink (sentiment panel) matched the imprint so perfectly!!
Next up is a card created for the DTGD18Jennifrann challenge. The eagle from 'On Eagle's Wings' was stamped with Stazon Jet Black; the beak and feet were colored with a marker, and the rest of the eagle was painted with coffee! I used instant coffee granules and a teeny tiny bit of water to create my watercolor medium. As the coffee dried on the image, it did not warp the cardstock at all and there was a glossy finish to it. However, I noticed that the coffee color would smudge, so I clear embossed the entire image (tip: coffee doesn't like to be heated.....it burned just a bit.) The eagle was fussy cut and popped up with foam tape over a panel which was sponged over a template cut with the ODBD Custom Clouds and Raindrops Dies then cut out and matted with the ODBD Custom Pierced Rectangles Dies.
My next card was created for the DTGD18stampersandeeB challenge.I chose a pretty 6x6 pattern from the ODBD Romantic Roses Paper Collection and trimmed the left side of the panel and adhered it to the other section to create an A2 sized panel. White acrylic paint was brushed over the top section of the panel, then the Amazing Grace stamp from 'How Sweet The Sound' was stamped in Stazon Timber Brown once the paint was dry. The edges of the panel were distressed and sponged before adhering to an ivory card base. I've always wondered if there was such a thing as Shabby Chic in a Clean and Simple form and I think I may have achieved it!!!
This card was created for the DTGD18StampingQueenJAR challenge. I have had these adorable stamps for so many years that I don't know the name of the set or where it came from, but I think these zoo animals make the cutest baby cards! The top panel was cut out with the ODBD Custom Double Stitched Rectangles Dies and the three circles were cut out with the ODBD Custom Double Stitched Circles Dies. A piece of clear acetate (stamp packaging) was adhered to the back of the panel, then foam tape circles were put in place to hold the beads. More foam tape was added around the edges of the panel and a piece of white cardstock was adhered to seal in the beads. Yellow baker's twine was added to match the yellow card and images.
Next up is a card created for the DTGD18justampin challenge. If you are familiar with Stampin Up, you will know this timeless stamp set, 'Lovely As A Tree'. Fun fact: Did you know that in the SCS gallery alone, there are over 10,600 card uploads for this set and 82 thousand comments!? Anyhoo.....I haven't used this in a while, but had fun creating this reflection card using a reverse stamp. I usually begin by trying to get a good reflection image first (a bit of trial and error is needed with the reversing stamp), then I'll use a Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the true image above the reflection. Masking was used to sponge each section separately and a sentiment from 'So Many Sayings' was used in the corner. Both panels were cut out with the ODBD Custom Double Stitched Rectangles Dies.
My last card for today's post was created for the DTGD18LuvLee challenge, plus I will be submitting this to the WT700 Beachy Challenge and the Fan Club Central Theme Challenge for July. The stamped used are from Studio G.....this set cost me a dollar at JoAnn's many years ago. The shell image was clear embossed onto a Sahara Sand card base; the scene was created with sponging over masks and reverse masks. The image panel and mat were cut out with the ODBD Custom Double Stitched Ovals Dies. Matching baker's twine was added for a simple embellishment.
Thanks for stopping by!