Sunday, August 12, 2018

Day Seven of Dare To Get Dirty Week!

Hi, everyone!  So far I have all but two challenges completed for Dare To Get Dirty week over at Splitcoast Stampers but I definitely plan to finish by the deadline on Wednesday.

My first card for today's post was created for the DTGD18KiagcB challenge.  Though I can't share the details of the challenge, I will share how I created this card.  Since the 'Daisy' set was still on my desk from last week, I decided to give it some more love for this card.  The daisy was stamped with Merlot Colorburst powder which was activated with water; the center of the flower was created by doing the 'rock and roll' technique with yellow and tangerine then spritzed with water before stamping; the stem and leaf were inked with olive and spritzed before stamping.  The panel was cut out with the ODBD Custom Pierced Squares Dies; the word die was cut with the ODBD Custom Inspiration Words Dies set.


My next card was created for the DTGD18KelliJoB Challenge.   I used the leftover piece of marbled cardstock from a card I made last week.  The scripture stamp is from an ODBD set, 'By The Sea' and the panel was cut out with the ODBD Custom  Double Stitched Ovals Dies. The turquoise panel was dry embossed then cut out with the ODBD Custom Double Stitched Rectangles Dies.  The seal was traced from a magazine article, watercolored, and fussy cut.  Three clear gems were added for embellishments.


Next up is a clean and simple birthday card created for the DTGD18Rebeccaof challenge with a colorful panel on which I used the Wrinkle Free Distress Technique (dab ink pads onto a craft sheet, spritz with water and mop up the colors with your cardstock.)  The ODBD Custom Happy Birthday Script Die was used to cut out the sentiment, then several layers of the sentiment were cut out of teal and layered.  Note: If you try this, make sure to keep all of the tiny cut out pieces from inside the letters for your original die cut to glue back in place....this really helps to complete the look.  I was really happy at how this turned out so I didn't add any stamps or embellishments.


My last card for today was created for the DTGD18UnderstandblueB challenge.  I began by using a reverse mask to sponge yellow for the sun, then oil pastel crayons were used to create the sun rays.  The smiley face and sentiment are from 'Hello Sunshine' and the panels were cut out with the ODBD Custom Pierced Squares Dies.  A small hole punch was used to create the two black faux brads. I will also be submitting this to the July Fan Club Central Theme Challenge.


Thanks for visiting with me today!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Another collection of beautiful cards - love the die cut happy birthday - that is so elegant!
Blessings
Maxine