Sunday, March 12, 2017

Howdy / Masking Tape Technique

Hi, everyone!  This week's Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast is Linda aka bubblestx4....congrats, Linda!!!  I loved so many awesome cards from Linda's gallery, but I finally decided on this intriguing card....such a cool idea with the inked masking tape!  I have quite a few masculine cards to make this week, so this was a perfect choice! I started by cutting a piece of scratch paper, tore it at an angle, then adhered torn pieces of masking tape over it.  Before adhering the back of the scratch paper to the card base, rust and brown inks were sponged over it, which darkened the edges of the tape.  I chose the 'Howdy' set by Our Daily Bread designs since I did not have a skull image like on Linda's card.  On a panel cut with the ODBD Custom Double Stitched Circles Dies (matted with the ODBD Custom Circles Dies), the image was stamped in Stazon Jet Black, then sponged with Cajun Craze and Daffodil Delight.

ODBD Howdy, ODBD Custom Double Stitched Circles Dies, ODBD Custom Circles Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for visiting today!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

No comments: