Saturday, March 18, 2017

Tea Bag Art Inspiration

Happy Saturday!!!  This week's Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast is to find inspiration from the Tea Bag Art board on Pinterest.  I thought that this tea bag with the white lilies was so cool and I loved the cocoa colored background.  I dug into my stash of Close to Cocoa cardstock (which has been retired for quite a few years) for my card base. The small sentiments from 'To My Favorite', from Our Daily Bread designs, were stamped directly to the card base. The 'Stargazer Lily' image from the 'Beauty' set (also from ODBD) was stamped with Versamark on the card and then stamped onto the white tag with Stazon Jet Black, highlighted with markers, then coated with a clear glaze pen (to act as a resist).  Cocoa, rust, and light tan inks were sponged around the image and on the edges of the tag, then water was spritzed over it to mottle the inks a bit.  Since I didn't have any fancy colored staples, I used Stazon Timber Brown ink to stain a regular staple stack before placing them back inside the stapler. I did not have white string to mimic the tea bag string, so I used linen thread instead. I will also be submitting this card to the Friday FreeAll Floral Challenge and the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge, which is 'Anything Goes with ODBD Stamps'. 

ODBD Stargazer Lily, ODBD Beauty, ODBD To My Favorite, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for visiting!

Have a blessed weekend!

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

No comments: