Saturday, December 8, 2012

Fishers of Men - Less and More!

Hi, everyone!!  This week's "Queen For The Day" over at Splitcoast is the uber-talented Pam MacKay.....congrats, Pam!!  I chose this awesome card from Pam's wonderful gallery to re-create, even though I messed up the design of the bottom section (that's what I get for counting on my memory!!)  I really loved the design of this card with the ticket-punched corners, so I made two different versions, the first for a co-worker (more of a simple version) and the second sample below is for a friend of the family (with a few added details). 


The Inspiration Challenge today at Splitcoast is to choose an item or photo from the Restoration Hardware Baby and Child store to inspire your creation......I chose this cool boy's room......the colors were so fantastic together, so I dug out this designer paper and the "Fishers of Men" stamp set to go with it.

Below is version 2 of the same design, which I like more since I could add the scripture verse to it.  (Unfortunately, for certain co-workers, I have to be a little more selective with sentiment choices, so the first card only has a Happy Birthday sentiment.)


Card 'Ingredients':
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs 'Fishers of Men' (Fishing Creel and Lure images, plus scripture verse on 2nd card) and 'Dad' (Happy Birthday sentiment);
Cardstock: Stampin Up 'Brocade Blue', 'Creamy Caramel' (retired), and 'Very Vanilla';
Designer paper: The Paper Loft;
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Stampin Up Artichoke Denim Ribbon, Antique Brass Brads, paper piercer and template, sponge daubers, foam tape;
Size: A2.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a very blessed weekend!!!

Blessings,

No comments: