Sunday, December 2, 2012

Birthday Flags for Hubby!

If you are looking for the ODBD December New Release Blog Hop, please click HERE!

Hi there!  Today I would like to share a fun card I made for my hubby for his birthday.  He asked me not to make him a card since he worries about me working too much and wanted to give me a break, but how can I NOT make a card for my sweetie?  So, I tried to figure out a clean and simple design that wouldn't take too long.  This is what I came up with....somehow.....

Our Daily Bread designs "Be Joyful" Designer Angie Crockett

I knew I had to use the "Be Joyful" set by Our Daily Bread designs, since the Mwaah stamp was included in this set because of my hubby. For years, whenever he would leave me a note, he would always end it with "Mwaah", so I got into the habit of using it as well when writing to Kelley and my design team sisters at Our Daily Bread designs.  When this set was released, I told him it was "his stamp set"! :)

Our Daily Bread designs "Be Joyful" Designer Angie Crockett

So....I knew I wanted to make some sort of banners since I wanted to incorporate several of the sentiments from the set.  The sentiments were stamped onto some Bo Bunny 'Et Cetera' designer paper, cut into different size strips, edges sponged, then wrapped around a dowel rod and glued into place.  A wooden bead was glued to the top to finish the flag-pole.  Then, using foam tape behind the banners and liquid glue on the dowel rod, it was adhered to the background which was created with sponging.

Our Daily Bread designs "Be Joyful" Designer Angie Crockett

Card 'Ingredients':
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs 'Be Joyful':
Cardstock: Stampin Up Crumb Cake and Whisper White;
Designer Paper: Bo Bunny 'Et Cetera';
Accessories: Wooden Dowel Rod, Wooden Bead, Paper piercer and template, painted brads, foam tape, sponge daubers, scratch paper (for masking and sponging clouds);
Size: A2.

I also used the "Be Joyful" set for a Flower Soft "Scrap It Frame It" tutorial.....see the frame (and a photo of my honey and me) HERE!

Thanks so much for allowing me to share this card with you! 

Blessings,

Our Daily Bread designs Designer and Blog Writer Angie Crockett

2 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

I love this Angie!!! I bet he did too!!!

Unknown said...

Great card!