Sunday, November 4, 2012

Faith As A Mustard Seed

Hi, everyone!  Today I am playing along with the Featured Stamper Challenge #300 over at Splitcoast, along with a few other challenges.  This week's featured artist is Jen Mitchell......I had a blast cruising through her gallery and chose this beautiful card since I had never used this type of design before.  I needed to make an uplifting card for a young man (16) who is going through treatments for lung cancer.....the "Keep Climbing" set by Our Daily Bread designs was first to come to mind when I heard about Kevin through a stamping friend.

Our Daily Bread designs "Keep Climbing", "Mountain" Designer Angie Crockett


I will also be submitting to the following challenges as well:
The Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast yesterday was to choose any item from Artful Home.....I chose this powerful photograph for my inspiration.
The ODBD Shining the Light Challenge this week is to create a masculine project.

Our Daily Bread designs "Keep Climbing", "Mountain" Designer Angie Crockett


Card 'Ingredients':
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs 'Keep Climbing' (image and sentiment), 'Mountain' (scripture);
Cardstock: Stampin Up Creamy Caramel (retired) and Whisper White;
Designer paper: Basic Grey 'Little Black Dress';
Accessories: Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities, May Arts Twill Ribbon, Paper Piercer and template for square, freehand piercing on circle, foam tape, sponge dauber;
Size: A2. (Card is 4-1/4 square....with added circle, total size is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2.)

Our Daily Bread designs "Keep Climbing", "Mountain" Designer Angie Crockett


Thanks for stopping by today!  God bless!


5 comments:

Saints Rule! said...

WOW Angie! I love the masculine feel to this card. The plaid, sketch like image and paper piercing make this a jewel. I'm sure this will be an encouragement to this young man! Lung cancer at 16??? Praying... Hugs and blessings...

Lori

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how sad to see someone with lung cancer at 16!! I am sure he will feel greatly encouraged and just love your consideration in making this gorgeous card for him. I just love your layout and the plaid!! Gorgeous design!! Thanks so much for supporting the Shining the Light challenge my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous masculine card Angie, great layout and papers to go with your image, love the stamping of the verse over the image!

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Angie...What an AWE inspiring card!! I love the serenity displayed with your colours, and DSP...Awesome!!
Hugs

Pati said...

Very nice card, love your color combo, the plaid and esp. your selection of stamps. Love how you stamped the verse over the scenic image, very pretty effect.