Sunday, May 28, 2023

A Year Full of Adventures

Hi, everyone! This week's Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast is Caterina aka caterinafmig......congrats, Caterina! When I saw this awesome card in her gallery, my first thought was to create something tropical, however, when I looked at the calendar pages in my stash, I chose this camping scene with all of the orange tones and the sun. This was perfect to create a birthday card for my nephew who loves the outdoors! Using the recycled calendar pages makes card-making so quick and easy...I love it!! The scene was cut out with a Pierced Rectangle Die then placed in my MISTI in order to stamp the sentiment which is from 'Happy Trails'. (Since the paper is a bit slick, the MISTI lets you stamp multiple times to get good ink coverage.) Other dies used were the Matting Rectangle and A2 Portrait Card Base with Layer. Some linen thread was added for a simple embellishment.

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Awesome card and great upcycling Angie - a wonderful use of the calendar page!
Blessings
Maxine