Saturday, July 7, 2018

Love and Hugs

DIY Palm Leaf Soap from A Beautiful Mess
Hi, everyone!  This week's Inspiration Challenge is to find inspiration from 'A Beautiful Mess'.....I was mesmerized by the colors in these DIY soaps so I used light green and blue inks with the Ink Spray and Smash Technique with plain white cardstock.  I didn't over-saturate with the colors so that there would be some white areas showing through...I am happy as a clam that it came out so well (even though I realized after the fact that I used the wrong shade of blue!)  I've been dying to do an inlaid die-cut design;  here are the steps from start to finish: once the inked panel was dry, it was cut with the ODBD Custom Quilted Background Die (plus another Quilt was cut from white to create the frame.) A cardstock panel was cut the same size as the frame and ran through my Xyron to make a sticker panel for adhering the frame and inked pieces together easily.  Once the quilt was finished, a heart was cut out from the quilt panel using the ODBD Custom Pierced Heart Die.  A light green heart was cut, inset and taped in place on the back side, then the 'hugs' die from the 'Hugs' Stamp/Die Duos set was cut out from the panel.  (Note: if you try this technique with a word die, be mindful of all of the tiny die-cut pieces you will need to save to insert back into the background.)  The 'hugs' was cut again from blue, stenciled, and inserted back into the panel, along with the little inside pieces from the first hugs cut from the quilt and heart. To keep the design simple, the only embellishments were three tiny hearts cut out with the ODBD Custom Clouds and Raindrops Dies set.

ODBD Hugs Stamp/Die Duos, ODBD Custom Quilted Background Die, ODBD Custom Pierced Heart Die, ODBD Clouds and Raindrops Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

2 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Angie, I just had to come over to your blog and leave a comment. I truly LOVE this card and was so happy to see it the very day I received my stamp/die duo and especially this beautiful quilt die. I love your Ink Spray and Smash Technique using plain card stock. I like how you didn't over-saturate it too to give it a batik look. It's gorgeous, and I've pinned it here so I can easily read your directions (thanks for all the details). Hugs and love, sweet friend! You are a joy! xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Angie - love your colours and the way you have inlaid the heart into the quilted piece, and then the hugs into that again. Stunning.
Blessings
Maxine