Saturday, June 18, 2016

Happy Father's Day

Happy Saturday, everyone!  This week's Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast is to find inspiration from the Vermont Country Store....I chose these herringbone blankets....LOVE blues and browns together!!  Earlier this week, I came across this awesome Father's Day card by gosh2fly and decided to case the layout and tool idea for the three Father's Day cards I needed to make before Sunday.  Today's Inspiration Challenge helped with the missing pieces needed in order to get started on them! I was grateful to have enough herringbone paper in my misc. paper stash to make three cards...whew! First off, I had to dig into my "retired colors file" and get a couple of pieces of SU Brilliant Blue, plus some silver metallic for the saw blade. The designer paper was cut out with the ODBD Custom Pierced Rectangles Dies, the DAD letters were cut out with the ODBD Custom Alphabet Dies, the saw was cut out with the ODBD Custom Workshop Tools Dies, the father's day sentiment from 'Ride 'Em Cowboy' was heat embossed with silver embossing powder, and the curved border was cut with the ODBD Custom Leafy Edged Borders Dies.  


Thanks for stopping by today!

Have a very blessed weekend!

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

No comments: