Monday, March 25, 2013

Happy Day Lilac!

Hi, everyone!  Today I am enjoying a much needed "snow-day".....yes, a snow day....in the last week of March!  I am a big chicken when it comes to driving to work in bad weather....I'm blessed to have a boss who understands!   So.....since I'm not at work, I plan to stamp, stamp, stamp!!!

I used three challenges in the making of this card today.  The Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast is the wonderfully talented Jennifer Timko aka jentimko.  I chose this beatufiul CAS card to re-create.  The Clean and Simple Challenge today is to use a lined stamp only....no solid stamps, so I chose the Lilac stamp along with a sentiment from Be Joyful, both from Our Daily Bread designs.  The Technique Lover's Challenge is to create a monochromatic project.  

***Please note:  before you look at the card and say, "Ewww....it doesn't match!", let me tell you that purple tones do not photograph well........in real life, the ribbon does match the rest of the card!!  :)

ODBD "Lilac" and "Be Joyful" Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for stopping by!  Stay tuned for some sneak peeks of the upcoming April sets by Our Daily Bread designs!!!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks like all the colors match and it looks good. we are actually seeing spring here on the west coast. i can relate to you on driving in the snow (we live in the foothills of the sierra nevadas at about 3,000 ft. elev.) so we get snow occasionally. i had always lived in warm climes so driving in the snow is terrifying to me. we moved into a neighborhood that is within five minutes walking time to all of the schools (k-12) and i bought our kids waterproof boots and made them walk to and from school in the snow. we figured they would need to tell their kids how awful their grandparents were.

Donna Heber said...

Hi Angella,

Enjoy your snow day (hee hee). Your lilac card is beautiful. I just can't wait to smell the real ones.

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card...I have that happen to me a lot when I take pics of my cards...I know that in real life it matches...but it doesn't look that way on my photographs...
I can't wait till our lilac bush is in bloom...It definitely will mean that spring is here (My favorite season)