Thursday, March 29, 2012

Me? A Seamstress? Who'da Thunk It?

Hi everyone! My great-niece, Kylinne, turned one this past weekend..... I had already purchased a gift for her, but then I saw the cutest penguin pillow on Jess' blog, Craftiness Is Not Optional, and ordered the pattern immediately (link below)! I just had to give it a try, even though I hadn't sewn anything like this in 30 years (since junior high!) By far, it's not perfect, but I managed to "get 'er done" in half a day (yes, I'm slow!)


I spent so much time on the pillow that I ran out of time for the matching card (made with the fabric scraps).....I will post that soon....um.....as soon as I finish it!

Here is the beautiful, blue-eyed birthday girl herself!!! If you saw the recent scrapbook page HERE during Our Daily Bread designs Anniversary Week, this is the same little darlin'!!!!



Supplies used for the Penguin Pillow:
Pattern by Gingercake Patterns and Design;
Fabric by JoAnn's (I chose these colors to match Kylinne's room);
Tools: Basics....scissors (no fancy cutting wheel), my sweet little (and inexpensive) Singer sewing machine from Target (my honey bought it so I could sew on my cards.....HA!!!!), and me!


Thanks for taking a peek! You just might see more "different" stuff from me yet.....I think I might have the "sewing bug"!!!!

Have a blessed day!!!


3 comments:

Kelley said...

She is DARLING!! And your pillow is just the CUTEST!

Natalie said...

Very cute, Angie. Both project and niece!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

Adorable! Those penguins are so darn cute!