Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snowflake Vellum Votive Shade and IC Challenge




Hi everyone!
Just wanted to share a couple of projects I made today. The first is a "Vellum Wine Glass Votive Shade"......super easy and super fun!!! It took less than a half an hour! I followed the instructions on a Technique Lover's Challenge from last year on Splitcoast.....HERE is the link if you would like the template and instructions. The snowflakes from the ODBD set, "Peace and Joy" were silver embossed on shimmery vellum and highlighted with a glitter pen. (Helpful hint: It is not safe to use a real candle since the paper is so close....I picked up some battery powered votives at my local CVS.) I incorporated a few challenges in the making of this shade: Cindy's Fun on Friday Challenge over at Christian Paper Crafts was to make anything but a card; Wendy's Limited Supply Challenge at Splitcoast this week was to use silver or gold; and the OCC challenge was to "Let It Snow"!

My second project was made to cover two challenges: The Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast today was to choose an item from the FabulousStationary site. I chose these calling cards in order to also incorporate Jen's Clean And Simple Challenge to use curves on your project. I used Stampin' Up "Lovely as a Tree" and "Graceful Words".

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!! Hopefully I will get to play again tomorrow!!! Have a super blessed weekend!!!

5 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Both creations are amazing - Angella!!! So happy to see you had a chance to play the OCCC with us!!!

Happy Holidays!!! Hugs ~S~

Hanne said...

Beautiful card! Pretty shade!

Sue McMahon said...

Oohhh Angela! The votive shade is STUNNING! Beautiful creation!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Both are wonderful. The shade is amazing - so beautiful and I love the CAS look of the Rejoice card. SO happy you were able to play along with the OCC this busy week!

Unknown said...

We all know how wonderful your cards are! The shade is great! I like making these too and they make great gifts.