Monday, December 28, 2009

CASE-ing Marcelle - Inked Cuttlebug


Hi everyone!! For the month of December, our Design Team members over at Christian Paper Crafts have each been featured for Case Artist Saturday. This card I CASED from my dear friend, Marcelle, who is also on the DT for the Cuttlebug Spot. I chose this awesome card to copy since I've been dying for a chance to try out my new "Stars" embossing folder. Today, over at the Our Daily Bread designs blog, you will see a Product Review article I wrote on the Cuttlebug embossing folders, plus some awesome samples showing different ways to use them.

For some of you, inking your embossed panels is a technique with which you are familiar, however, I thought I would show just how easy it is. Since I "exploded" my Cuttlebug machine earlier this year, here is the sandwich recommended for the Spellbinders Wizard: Bottom plate, Cuttlebug folder with paper, embossing mat, blue plate (from the Spellbinders Charm Embossing Kit). I have, in the past, used the two white plates only with the Cuttlebug folders, however, it takes a lot of force to crank the Wizard and I personally would rather not put that much pressure on it.


Once you emboss your cardstock, you can either use a stamp pad, sponge daubers, brayer, or even chalks to highlight the raised images. I used a small ink pad directly to the stars. To ensure a "clean" look, make sure your ink pad or brayer does not press into the debossed areas. I wanted a "dirty", or "rustic", look for this project, so I did not worry about keeping the ink just on the stars.


I then embossed and inked a smaller piece, in order to cut out one of the stars to embellish the ribbon. The sentiment is from the ODBD set, "Happy Birthday" ;the satin ribbon is by May Arts.

Thanks for stopping by today!!! Have a blessed week!!!

5 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

I love the rustic stars Angella! Fantastic card!!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is such a gorgeous card- I love the ribbon and the additional star to finish your card! Thanks for the 'how to'!

Connie M. said...

Oh my Angie! This is just sooo pretty! Love your inked and bugged background!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Angie!!! I need those stars!! Inking them up against the pink makes it pop!!

hugs,
Chris

scgustaf said...

What a great way to give more dimension to CB folders ~ TFS!