Friday, November 11, 2022

Be Still and Know

Hi, everyone!  Today I would like to share a card which was created about a year and a half ago but did not get posted anywhere.  (I have about a hundred cards with the same status....life gets in the way of blogging, ya know?)  Today's Friday Free 4 All Challenge is about 'Peace' and the Mixability Challenge is about 'Contentment'....I thought this card fit both of those challenges...my faith brings both peace and contentment.  The background panel (and top cross panel) were created with the Wrinkle Free Distress Technique (some call it the Smoosh Technique), by dabbing ink pads onto a craft mat, spritzing with water, then laying the cardstock in the puddle.  Once dry, the background panel was stenciled with both the Flourishes and Arrows Mixed Media Stencils. The scripture verse from 'Be Still' was heat embossed with pewter onto the 'yellow' Wrinkle Free Distress panel, then cut out with the largest of the Cross Layering Combo Dies set.  Other dies used: Bitty Blossoms, Pierced Rectangles, Matting Rectangle, A2 Portrait Card Base with Layer.  Pewter brads were added to the corners to coordinate with the embossing powder.


Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings,

Designer for Divinity Designs LLC, Angie Crockett

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Angie - I love your backgrounds, and the silver embossing of the sentiment is stunning.
I think I am getting a message from God - to be still - this is the second time this week it has jumped out at me. Thanks for being faithful in sharing it.
Blessings
Maxine