Saturday, January 7, 2017

Two Dress-Inspired Cards

Tumblr "I Don't Wear Dresses"
Happy Saturday, everyone!  This week's Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast is to find inspiration from the 'I Don't Wear Dresses' tumblr site.  I chose two different dresses and made two cards.

I fell in love with the rich blackberry colors in this dress and it made me think of tulips for some reason....winter has just begun but I'm ready to see my spring flowers popping up!  For my card, I mixed an 'oldie but goodie' stamp, 'Tulip Corner', with a new die cut, the ODBD Custom 'Happy Birthday Script' Die, plus the ODBD Custom Double Stitched Rectangles Dies, and little hearts from ODBD Custom Umbrellas Dies (all items are from Our Daily Bread designs).  The image was stamped in Stazon Jet Black, then water-colored with Blackberry Bliss, dark at the base and gradient toward the tips of the petals. Once I was finished with the water-coloring, I flicked the wet paintbrush over the ivory panel.  The word die was cut in half so that it would work with this image. Instead of dotting the I, a tiny heart was placed there instead. I will also be submitting this to the Less Is More 'Ombre' Challenge and ODBD Shining the Light Color Challenge (I chose the three shades of purple on the left).

ODBD Tulip Corner, ODBD Custom Happy Birthday Script Die, ODBD Custom Umbrellas Dies, ODBD Custom Double Stitched Rectangles Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Tumblr "I Don't Wear Dresses"
My second card is based on this blue floral dress......I cannot pass us royal blue flowers!!!!  For my card, I cut out a panel with the ODBD Custom Double Stitched Rectangles Dies, stamped it all over with the image from 'A Happy Hello', added a border cut with the ODBD Custom Deco Border Die plus thin satin ribbon.  The sentiment was cut out with the ODBD Custom Stitched Ovals Dies, matted with the ODBD Custom Ovals Dies.  Three tiny pearls and a bow were added for simple embellishments.

ODBD A Happy Hello, ODBD Custom Deco Border Die, ODBD Custom Double Stitched Rectangles Dies, ODBD Custom Stitched Ovals Dies, ODBD Custom Ovals Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for visiting with me today!

Have a blessed weekend!

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

4 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful and super feminine cards. Lovely use of ombre and delightful colouring too. Happy New Year and thanks for playing with us at Less is More this week. Sarah x

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Angie - love the rich purple in the tulips, and the delicate design in the blue card is stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous, Angie!! Love your rich and royal tulips with the added die of the first card and the blue flowers and design of the second card reminds me of Dutch Porcelain! Gorgeous! Thanks for creating a sample for the challenge and supporting the team!! HUGS!
Chris

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Those rich and sumptuous blackberry colours look incredible on your tulip card Angie. It is a really gorgeous card. Loving the super feminine pattern on your second card too.
Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
Sharon xx