Saturday, July 4, 2015

Inspired Wedding Cards

Happy 4th of July, everyone!!  This morning I made two cards for the Splitcoast Inspiration Challenge #500!!  This week's challenge is to find inspiration from the Green Wedding Shoes site......I loved this challenge so much that I made two cards!  My first card was inspired by this gorgeous bouquet.....loved all of the purple tones!  The wild rose image and quote from the ODBD set, 'Fragrance', and butterfly from 'Butterfly and Bugs' were embossed in gold on ivory cardstock; the flowers and butterfly were 'painted' with various shades of Glimmer Mist instead of inks....oh boy, how they shimmer in person!  The little tag, cut from the ODBD Custom 'Mini Tags' Dies frames a sentiment from 'Home Sweet Home', also embossed in gold.

ODBD Fragrance, ODBD Butterfly and Bugs, ODBD Custom Butterfly and Bugs Dies, ODBD Home Sweet Home, ODBD Custom Mini Tags Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

My second card was inspired by this scrumptious wedding bouquet.  I used the same set, 'Fragrance', since it embosses so beautifully, but this time with white embossing powder.  Once again, I used Glimmer Mist for watercoloring.  Hind sight being 20/20, my camera would not pick up the white embossed quote on the ivory cardstock, so I sponged and pierced a circle around it to make it visible.  Not quite the card I had envisioned, but it was the easiest solution without creating another panel for the sentiment.

ODBD Fragrance, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for stopping by!

God bless!

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

No comments: