Sunday, September 16, 2012

Red, White, Blue, and Gold Olympic Butterflies!

Hi everyone!  Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!!!


I have a fun card to share with you today.  My niece is having an Olympics themed birthday party, so I wanted to use red, white, blue, and gold for her birthday card, plus I wanted to try using negative die cuts for this.  This week's Queen For The Day over at Splitcoast is Loll Thompson.....she is extremely talented and creative....I LOVE everything in her gallery,  but my fave creations of hers are with the "negative die cuts", such as this beautiful card!  If you cruise her awesome gallery, you will see page after page of gorgeousness and creativity! Congrats, Loll, you are definitely a stamping queen in my book!!!


I knew I wanted to use the stars (Creative Memories) and stripes (Moxxie) designer papers along with the gold mirror paper and Cheery Lynn Designs butterfly die,  but I struggled with the design until I saw the sketch at Operation Write Home.  I used a bow instead of a sentiment, and really loved the open space at the right so that the emobssed red mirror paper wouldn't be covered up.  The patriotic butterfly ribbon I found in the $1 bin at Michael's last year....isn't it cute?!

I will also be submitting this card in the following challenges:
Speedy the Fox Friends' Challenge: Use fave technique....paper piercing all the way!!! ( For straight edges, I use a Stampin Up template, for shapes I pierce freehand....see my piercing tutorial HERE);
Raise the Bar: Anything with wings;
Craft Your Passion: Use past challenge...I chose #89 Things With Wings.

Card 'Ingredients':
Stamps: None on outside;
Cardstock: Stampin Up Crumb Cake and Whisper White;
Designer Paper: Mirror Paper (brand unknown)...purchased from Our Daily Bread designs Show Booth, Stars designer paper from Creative Memories, Striped designer paper by Moxxie;
Accessories: Cheery Lynn Designs Exotic Butterflies Small, Bow Easy, Michael's ribbon, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Zva Creative Pearls, paper piercer and template, foam tape;
Size: A2.
Thanks for stopping by today!  God bless!


 
 

18 comments:

Cynthia T said...

WOW! This beauty is so different than anything I've seen. Totally awesome work on the butterfly's and the background paper sets everything off ;)

Linda said...

And patritotic butterfly ribbon to boot! Awesome on it all! TFS!!!

Pat said...

Awesome looking card. Thanks for joining SpeedyFox and Friends.

Winnie and Patty said...

What a wonderful patriotic butterfly card!!! I love anything red white and blue, and you touch of gold is just the perfect embellishment! Terrific! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

What a beautiful and outstanding card. The embellishments are fantastic!

Donna Hanley said...

Very, very pretty card. Love the embossing on your red mirror paper and I love the papers you used for your butterflies. Just a great card.

Sarah said...

Very pretty-- I love the paper you selected and the butterflies look great!

Carol L said...

How beautiful! I love the embossed metallic paper, and those golden butterflies are gorgeous! NJ!

Grace said...

Oh wow Ange!!! This is just amazing!!! LOVE the design and your use of the negative cuts! Your niece will love this!!!

Have a great week!
hugs,
Grace

Kelley said...

So cool!!!! The butterflies look awesome!! Great job!

Desert Rose Stamper said...

Beautiful butterflies - they add that special touch to your card. The embossing is great too.

Sharon

airbornewife said...

What a stunning card you have made Angie.. love everything about it. thanks for sharing ~ Pam

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Just beautiful! Everything goes so well together. Love the negative spaces and embossed stars. I recently got that set of dies... thanks for another idea on using them. :)

wannabcre8tive said...

What a beautiful card. I love it. Thanks, for joining us over at Speedy Fox and Friends.

stampingbowd said...

Stunning card!!! Your papers are so elegant!!! Thanks for joining Speedy Fox & Friends this week!

Wanda Cullen said...

Angie, this is so creative and so fun for an olympic-themed party! Your niece will love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!

~*Joni said...

Thank you so much for joining in on our I Believe I can Fly challenge over at Raise The Bar!
~*Joni RTB DT

Gloria Stengel said...

Ang, this is amazing. I love the embossed foil. wow!