Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Penguin's Birthday Blessings on the Beach!

Hi everyone! Today I have a fun birthday card to share with you! This little penguin from "Polar Pals" has always been one of my fave Stampin Up images....isn't he adorable? I used paper-piecing on the sun and palm tree (by stamping on designer paper, cutting out and adhering over the stamped cardstock pieces). The sand was created by tearing and sponging; the water was sponged over a piece of scratch paper; the clouds were sponged over a punched scalloped circle.


I will be submitting this for the following challenges:
Splitcoast Color Challenge CC380: Tangerine, Chocolate, and Artichoke;
Paper Playtime: Anything Goes plus a Sentiment;
Stampin Sisters in Christ: Reflection of Me (I LOVE the sun!);
Raise The Bar: Hello Summer!.

Card details:
Stamps: Stampin Up 'Polar Pals' and 'Itty Bitty Backgrounds', Our Daily Bread designs 'Happy Birthday', and the palm tree and sun are from a Target $1 spot clear stamp set 'Fun and Sun Collection';
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Tangerine Tango, Summer Sun, Sahara Sand, Close To Cocoa, and Whisper White;
Designer Paper: SEI 'Sunny Day' (for paper-pieced sun and palm tree);
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Stampin' Up ink pads Marina Mist, Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette, Creamy Caramel, and Tangerine Tango Marker;
Accessories: Scratch Paper for masking the ocean, scalloped circle punch to sponge clouds, paper piercer and template, 'Me and My Big Ideas' rhinestones, sponge daubers, foam tape;
Technique: Paper Piecing, Paper Piercing, Masking, Coloring with Sponges, Tearing.
Size: A2.

Thanks for stopping by today!  God Bless!

3 comments:

MariLynn said...

This is so cute. I am sure that your little penguin is enjoying his vacation from all the snow and ice and is loving soaking up some sunshine. Thanks for sharing with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge.

Janis Lewis said...

Angella! This is so good! I love cards like this. All of the elements are perfect. What a great way to make the beach and sky. I love it! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. If you haven't already, I'd love you to check out my other challenge blog Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges
(http://pausedreamenjoychallenges.blogspot.com/).
Have a great Monday! :) Janis

Helen said...

I LOVE THIS CARD!!! I also love the sun and the beach and you've done a great job on this card! your clouds are beautiful! A penguin on the beach is such fun! Thank you for sharing this with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! ~H