Thursday, December 8, 2011

In The Beginning Was The Word



Hello, everyone! Just wanted to share a fun card I made for the Splitcoast Sketch Challenge this week.....I couldn't pass up this sketch....I have trouble coming up with simple layouts for cards, so this helped me so much! This sketch gave the perfect opportunity to use the new "The Word of God" set by Our Daily Bread designs....this scripture verse from John is one of my all time favorites!!
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1



The Bible image was stamped in Versamark and heat-embossed with Ranger Fine-detail Gold Embossing Powder, cut out with paper snips and an exacto knife, colored with SU Markers and popped up over the three panels cut from My Mind's Eye designer paper. The scripture verse was gold-embossed as well.

Card 'Ingredients':
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs 'The Word of God';
Cardstock: SU More Mustard and Whisper White(image);
Designer Paper: My Mind's Eye 'Sunshine';
Ink: Versamark, SU Markers;
Accessories: Ranger Detail Gold Embossing Powder, heat tool, paper piercer and template, May Arts Crocheted Lace, Zva Creative pearls, Exacto Knife, foam tape, 'Irridescent Gold' Glimmer Mist;
Size: 5 x 6-1/2.


Thanks for visiting with me today! God Bless!

2 comments:

Carol<>< said...

love the embossing, great card!
Carol N<><

Unknown said...

Oh how beautiful Angie. The colors and embossing are so pretty.