Sunday, November 27, 2011

"I Will Make You Fishers of Men"

Happy Sunday, everyone! Well, it's back to work for me tomorrow, so I was happy to squeeze in some play time today. This week's Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast is Stacy Sheldon aka JBGREENDAWN...congrats, Stacy! I enjoyed cruising through her gallery.....many different gorgeous designs to choose from. I chose two photos and combined the elements from each since I couldn't decide on one: "Each Day's Gifts" because I loved the tearing and CAS design, and "More To Life" because of the stamped twill and fishing theme.


This will be a birthday card for my hubby.....he doesn't normally read my blog, so I hope he doesn't decide start to this week!!! haha!! For the background, I stamped the "Fish Background" from Our Daily Bread designs directly onto some Basic Grey "Granola" designer paper. The main panel (and twill ribbon) were stamped with the "Fishers of Men" set by Our Daily Bread designs. The scene was colored with SU Markers, along with ink pads and sponge daubers (using masking). My DH doesn't like when I spend too much time on his cards, so he'll be happy to see a simple design again this year.


Card 'Ingredients':
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs 'Fishers of Men' and 'Fish Background';
Cardstock: SU Marina Mist and Whisper White;
Designer Paper: Basic Grey 'Granola';
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, SU Markers and ink pads;
Accessories: May Arts Twill Ribbon, Antique Brass Brads, Paper Piercer and Template, sponge daubers, and scratch paper for masking'
Size: 5-1/2 x 5-1/2.



Thanks for stopping by for a visit! Have a wonderful, blessed week!!

No comments: