Sunday, July 10, 2011

Splitcoast Featured Stamper is Patter Cross!!!!

Hi everyone! I have a fun card to share with you which I made in tribute to one of my fellow "Breadsticks" (Design Team sisters) at Our Daily Bread designs...... Patter Cross! Patter is this week's Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast.....yay, Patter! I thoroughly enjoyed cruising through Patter's gallery, identicaltriplets.....full of the most beautiful scrapbook layouts, cards, altered items, and many organizing tips as well! It was a tough decision, but I finally decided on this awesome card.....as I was creating it, my hubby suggested I flip the sketch and I agreed! Thanks, honey! I used Memory Box "Frond" designer paper (since Patter is on the DT there), and instead of the popsicle stick, I decided to try out my new Sew Easy tool across the strips.....just roll the piercing tool over the paper, then hand-stitch following the pierced holes. It took a few minutes to get used to the loop stitches, but I can't wait to do it again!


I have also incorporated this week's Wednesday Case Artist Challenge over at Christian Paper Crafts, where you can re-create an item from anyone's gallery! Plus, Patter was our Wednesday Case Artist a couple of weeks ago, but I wasn't able to play along then. So, this means my card is a Patter triple feature!!! Also, the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge is to use "what works for you"......I have many fave items and techniques when stamping, as long as it's something TEDIOUS! I love to paper pierce, I love fussy cutting and making 3d items, however, on this card I added hand-stitching; it took me about 30 minutes, but "it works for me"! :)



Card 'Ingredients':
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs 'Sweet William - Small';
Cardstock: SU Old Olive;
Designer Paper: Memory Box 'Frond';
Ink: SU Early Espresso;
Accessories: Zva Creative Pearls, 'Pearl' Glimmer Mist, paper piercer and template, Sew Easy Tool with 'Vine' attachment, olive embroidery thread, paper distresser, sponge, foam tape;
Size: 5-1/2 square.




Thanks for visiting with me today! Have a blessed weekend!!!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

You made me laugh with your comment, favorite 'as long as it is tedious!" That would describe my card making, for sure I would never be able to create something for Take Ten . . . unless they were counting hours not minutes! This is lovely, I adore what you did with your hopeful sentiments and the little stitched vine! Thanks for coming alongside Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week!

Grace said...

Hi Angie! You already know how much I love this card... you are so clever! It is the PERFECT way to use these word stamps!!! LOVE your hand stitching... that vine is gorgeous!!! You truly honored Patter with this one and we thank you so much for your support at Stampin Sisters in Christ too!!!
hugs,
Grace

tirzahdawn said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I love the color in this cards. So peaceful.

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Angela - you are so inspirational - with every creation! I love the way you have used the sentiments - and that vine - it is divine! Thank you for playing along with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge, we love to see you and appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team