Sunday, February 21, 2010

Featured Artists of the Week!

My post today celebrates two uber-talented featured artists this week......jovialjudi over at Splitcoast and debbiedee over at Christian Paper Crafts! For both cards, I have used a special color challenge from Splitcoast...the "Olympic Color Challenge Event". There are different "events" to choose from.....what a fun twist to the color challenge! You'll have to check it out for yourself!

I have chosen to case this gorgeous CAS card from Judi's gallery. Check out her awesome gallery HERE! I have used a new set from Our Daily Bread designs, "Easter Blessings", which will be released on March 1st. I colored the leaves with Always Artichoke, then painted the blossoms and leaves with Pearl Glimmer Mist. The card base was embossed with the Victoria embossing folder, the image panel was punched with the Martha Stuart Floral Vine border punch, added paper piercing, then sponged the edges with Ranger Antique Linen distress ink. For a finishing touch, I added sheer ribbon and a Scripture Sticker from Jolee's Boutique (for a touch of silver for the Olympic color challenge.)


From Debbie's gallery at CPC , I have chosen to case this awesome card because of the cool layout. I have also used the SCS color challenge for this one....okay, I may be taking liberties here since there is pink on my card! I am using another new set from Our Daily Bread designs, "The Lord Has Risen", to be released on March 1st. I thought this verse went very well with the design of Debbie's card.....I used the circle layer as a rising sun. The violets were colored with markers, then the blossoms were popped up and painted with Pearl Glimmer Mist for some shimmer. I also used satin ribbon by May Arts, Basic Grey "Lemonade" paper, and Zva Pearls.


Thanks so much for visiting today! Have a blessed week!!!

7 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Both cards are simply gorgeous Angella!! I LOVE the greens on the first. And the way you used the punch is just delightful! The second is so happy with the lemonade papers and the sketch and sponging are wonderful!! Two fabulous cards!!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

ANGELLA!!!! Wow girl these are amazing!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!! WOW!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your cards- beautiful!

Debi said...

Angie they are both simply beautiful!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOWZER Angella....your sneak peeks cards are GORGEOUS....can't wait to see them all!!! I LOVE THEM TOO :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are gorgeous, Angella!

Kay's Creative Corner said...

STUNNING Angella!! You are on a roll with all these beautiful creations...