Saturday, August 15, 2009

Multi-Challenge-Combo-CAS-Card


Today, I'm hoping to climb out of my rut of inaction. Haven't had much time to create lately, so I'm making up for it with a multi-challenge-combo card!
Today's featured artist on Christian Paper Crafts is Melisa Waldorf....you know her as Paperlicious Designs on Splitcoast. Melisa is uber-talented....it was tough to choose a card to case, so in order to combine with Cindy's "Fun On Friday" challenge yesterday to make a CAS card, plus Janette's Color Monday Challenge to use Red, Black, and Kraft, I chose this beautiful card by Melisa to case. I have also combined these challenges from Splitcoast: Jeanne's Limited Supply Challenge to use a summer theme, Jen's Clean And Simple challenge to show off your bling, and Stef's Inspiration Challenge to choose an item from The Curiosity Shop (I chose this Birds Card.)
The stamp set I used is Our Daily Bread Design's "Sing To The Lord", one of my all time faves! It was extremely tough to make a CAS card, especially while combining so many challenges. I had to reassure myself that it was OKAY to leave the top of the card totally blank.....well, I DID spray it with Irridescent Gold Glimmer Mist!!! The blossoms were highlighted with "Siren" Smooch for a little bling. (Stay tuned for a Smooch tutorial in the next week or so!)



More exciting announcements:


The very first on-line edition of the Christian Paper Crafts Magazine is now available for download.....here!

We have another new Design Team Member over at Christian Paper Crafts......Heather Brown!!! Heather is extremely talented and fun and will bring so much to our community.....can't wait to get to know her better!!!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a totally blessed day!!!

5 comments:

Grace said...

Wow! You have been working these sketches Angie!!! My goodness you got 'em done! This is one of my favorite ODBD images... I just love it and love how you combined these challenges to come up with one wonderful card! I need to work on my CAS style... I just can't seem to do it well!!! I need 'spainin!!! Love the irredescent gold... that's a great color! It's the only one I have but I love it!!!

Thanks for the sweet comments gf! What a great team to be a part of... the best!

Natalie said...

Wow!! You did it!! Look at all those challenges in one card, you are amazing girlfriend!! Don't you just love Smooch!! I think I have about 4 of their colors and just love the applicator!! Have a great day!

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Wow girl! That's 6 challenges in one card and that's the most I've ever seen done!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply beautiful CAS card - Angella!!! Hugs ~S~

Deborah Saaranen said...

Wow-- this is one amazing CAS! Beautiful colors and design!