Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bible Verse Thursday Cross Challenge


Hi everyone! Welcome to my second week as challenge hostess for Bible Verse Thursday at Christian Paper Crafts! I never realized how fun it would be to be a challenge hostess.....I love it!!! This week's challenge is to incorporate a cross in your project....either embellies, stamps, ribbons, etc......or get creative....make a cross-shaped card!!! Oooh, I'll have to remember that for later!!

While I was designing this card, I thought I may as well incorporate a couple of other challenges as well. Janette's Color Monday Challenge at CPC was to use Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, and Perfect Plum. This dsp from Memory Box, called "Poppyfinch" was perfect for this challenge! I also used Roxie's Sketch Challenge from Splitcoast Stampers.
The stamp set I used is "Jesus" from Our Daily Bread Designs. I think this image of Jesus is so peaceful and beautiful! The gold frame is actually from a package of place-card frames I found at Michael's on clearance.....I KNEW I would find a use for them!!! I did take the backing off since I didn't need the pop-out cardboard stand. The verse was stamped on a Labels Four die-cut which I trimmed down to make a tag. Added paper piercing, sponging, satin ribbon, gold brads, and a gold cross charm.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a blessed day!!!

13 comments:

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful, Angella!!! Beautiful colors and detailing!!! The gold frame detailing is fantastic!!! Lovely scripture card!!!

Grace said...

Oh Angie I absolutely love this!!! Your frame is gorgeous GF!!!! The colors and sketch worked out beautifully with this set and I'm sooo loving it!!!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh Angella! This is fabulous!!!! I love this image of Jesus too!!!

Lorelie Kim said...

**THUD** Now, this is just AMAZING, Angie!! Your use of the gold place card frames made it so elegant!!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - this is GORGEOUS!!! You totally rocked this one - GF!!! Love it!!! Absolutely perfect card - Angella!!! Hugs ~S~

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Angie!!! What an awesome combo of challenges. Love it's elegance!! The gold frame is spectacular!!! I will have to hop on over to CPC and join one of your awesome challenges!

hugs,
Chris

Unknown said...

wow,this is amazing!!!
The frame looks elegant...

___________________
Michell james
Get the best FREE offers on the Best Home security Systems

Karen W said...

This is gorgeous, I love it. Can you please tell me where you got the cross, I'm looking for some also. jkwallace@mchsi.com Thanks, Karen

Anonymous said...

Angella, what a beautiful job! Quality all the way.

Norine said...

just beautiful love the cross
Hugs
Norine

Kristine said...

This is such a gorgeous card...love everything about it, and I'm really in love now with all the ODBD stamps. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on our new SSC Challenge blog! :) Hope you'll join the challenges when you get the chance!

Gina Wrona said...

Angie,
You are so right how peaceful Jesus looks and made me feel when I saw your card. Awesome job!
Hugs,
Gina

Kelley said...

What a wonderfully beautiful card! Love the colors...so cool!!!