Hi, everyone! I was able to complete all five Dare To Get Dirty Challenges today...woo hoo! Once my work week starts up tomorrow, my stamping will nearly come to a halt and the woo hoo turns into a boo hoo! :)
My first card is for Nancy Littrell's challenge. I wanted to make a simple card with a powerful message, so I chose the Prayer of St Francis by Our Daily Bread designs. The background was created by swiping three ink pads onto a craft sheet, spritzing and blending them with water, then using a piece of white tissue paper to absorb the inks. A piece of white cardstock was turned into a sticker using a Xyron sticker maker so that I could adhere the tissue paper. Once adhered, I used the ODBD Custom Pierced Rectangles Dies to cut out the panel. There were some tiny wrinkles but they were smooth enough to get a good stamped image.
My next card was created for the LMcAree challenge. A small strip of white cardstock was stamped all over with the smallest watermelon image from the 'Thanks A Melon' set, then matted with Melon Mambo cardstock. A simple sentiment was stamped and the melons were colored. I decided to leave it as-is and not add any embellishments.
Next is a bookmark which I made for the jacquelineA Challenge. I started by cutting the scalloped panel with the ODBD Custom Bookmarks Dies out of a pretty pattern from the ODBD Shabby Rose Paper Collection then stamped a scripture verse from the 'Bookmarks-Scripture' set. The designer paper was adhered to pink cardstock; the straight lines were trimmed with a paper cutter and the curved lines were fussy cut by hand. Baker's twine was added after the hole was cut out.
My next card was created for the Nwilliams6 challenge. The square panel was cut with the ODBD Custom Pierced Squares dies, then stamped with the Trois Jolies Papillon set (each butterfly was inked then 'stamped off' for a lighter image). The chipboard butterfly was sprayed heavily with 'Patina' Glimmer Mist. Once the glimmer was dry, the sentiment panel (stamped with the 'Be Joyful' set) was adhered to the back of the butterfly, and the piece was adhered to the card. Four pearls were added in the corners.
My last card was created for the LuvLee challenge. All of the rectangles were cut out with the ODBD Custom Pierced Rectangles Dies set; the smallest panel was stamped with the 'Honeycomb Mini' stamp; the scripture and bee are from the 'Bee Happy' set. The medium panel was dry embossed then lightly inked in yellow. Glitter pen was added to the bee's wings and yellow baker's twine to the sentiment panel.
Thanks for stopping by!