Saturday, July 15, 2017

Happy Retirement, Mom!

Hi, everyone!  This week's Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast is to find inspiration from the Jennifer McGuire Ink Blog....wow, what an awesome new discovery...no shortage of inspiration there!  I love all of her ink blending techniques and was drawn to this gorgeous card since it reminded me of a sunset.  My mom is retiring and I thought that a sunset paradise would be just right.  We have worked together for 26-1/2 years and I will sure will miss seeing her every day! (Pass the tissues!)  For her card, I stamped the silhouette and sentiment from the 'Bon Voyage' set with Stazon Jet Black; the sun was sponged using a cut-out from a circle die, then the sun was masked before sponging the background.  Since Mom loves Hawaii, I added a tropical flower cut with the ODBD Custom Frangipani Dies set. The frames were cut with the ODBD Custom Pierced Rectangles Dies. I will also be squeezing this in at the last minute to the Sunrise/Sunset Fan Club challenge.

ODBD Bon Voyage, ODBD Custom Frangipani Dies, ODBD Custom Pierced Rectangles Dies, ODBD Custom Circles Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for visiting today!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Angella this is gorgeous - love your purple sunset. That's a long time to work together, so I am sure you will miss your constant contact with your Mother.
Blessings
Maxine