Sunday, January 5, 2014

Beautiful Lavender Wishes

Hi, everyone!  Hope that everyone is all tucked in their homes safe and warm while the next winter storm passes through. So far we only have one new inch of snow in central Indiana, but it's coming down pretty heavy.  Here is a view from my front porch....our magnolia tree looks beautiful with it's new coat of snow:

Snowing in Central Indiana

Since our church was cancelled today, I did a little stamping instead.  Today's Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast is Joy Taylor aka joy131275.....congrats, Joy!  I chose this beautiful card to recreate, using Our Daily Bread designs' Canning Jars, Lavender, and Sentiments Collection 2.  Instead of doing a lot of fancy masking, I simply stamped the canning jar image, stamped the lavender image over it, then fussy cut the entire image.  To cover up the overstamped lines, I stamped another jar image and cut out part of the jar lid and adhered over the top.....easy peasy!  The sentiment panel was cut out with a circle die from the ODBD Custom Circle Ornaments Die Set, stenciled in yellow, stamped with a sentiment from Sentiments Collection 2, paper pierced, then popped up with foam tape.

ODBD Canning Jars, Lavender, Sentiments Collection 2, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

2 comments:

Gretchen Wilson said...

Love the card, I do want this this because I love the lavender. Well I did church last night because I knew ours wouldn't cancel, fact I didn't want to brush all the snow off. By 9am we had about 4" in WL and now it's at least 12-13" at 7:30pm. Wondering what it's going to do over night. I have to say it's gorgeous, until it starts melting and getting slushy.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, my, snow! Yes, your tree has a NEW covering! Hope you are warm and safe! I love this card and so delighted to read how you made it! It does make it much easier…thanks for the info! I always LOVE your cards, and this is a delight. Just love the image and the beautifully piercing circle with the wonderful sentiment! Warm hugs, sweet friend!