Monday, January 6, 2014

Snowflake Circle Flower

Hi, everyone!  Wow, it was a cold blizzard of a day yesterday, which would have been fine by me, other than the fact that our power was out for twelve hours.....brrrrrr!!!  The Lord always looks after us, however, and no disasters occurred in our house during that time.  Today,  I'm home since most businesses around Indianapolis are closed due to the winter emergency status.  So, I was happy to be able to do some stamping this morning.......just because!  Most of my projects and cards are dedicated to a recipient, but this time I made a card just for fun!  The Clean and Simple Challenge is all about snowflakes and the Technique Lover's Challenge was to create a circle flower, so I combined the two and made a snowflake flower!


You can find the instructions on how to make the circle flower here.  After mine was finished, I cut a snowflake out of the same designer paper with the ODBD Custom Snowflakes Die Set to layer on top, along with a silver snowflake embellishment.  The flourish is from the ODBD Custom Fancy Foliage Die Set. The sentiment is from Our Daily Bread designs "Snowflake Sentiments".

Thanks for stopping by to visit!  Hope you are staying warm and safe!!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

1 comment:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, my, Angie, I didn't' realize you had a snow day on Monday! But the power outage…yikes! Yes, God is so good, and I hope you are warm and back with power. So glad you had some time to play and try something different. I love your snowflake flower and will definitely check out those instructions. I guess I need a snowflake image to play with too…hehe! Such a sweet CAS card and a great use of the ODBD dies. Simply beautiful….warm hugs, and keep safe, sweet friend!