Friday, November 15, 2013

Serenity Birthday

Hi, everyone!  This is a birthday card for my brother, who loves to fish.  I have used three challenges in the making of this card.  This week's Shining the Light Challenge over at Our Daily Bread designs is the awesome sketch to the left of this paragraph....this was very fun....and pretty quick too!!  Also, over at Splitcoast Stampers, the Color Challenge this week was a buffet of aquas and gray....I chose to combine Smoky Slate with Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, and Island Indigo....my dessert option was "thumping" technique.....the background and image stamp were both inked with an ink pad, then "thumped" with colored markers to give a variation in color.  The background worked well, but the technique on the image was not very visible since the colors used were similar.  Today's Friday Free 4 All Challenge is to create a birthday card.....no problem, my brother's birthday is Sunday, so now I'm ahead of schedule....yay!!!

ODBD Fishing Net Background, The Waves on the Sea, Card Designer Angie Crockett

The background is the "Fishing Net Background" stamp and the image and sentiment are from "The Waves on the Sea", both sets are by Our Daily Bread designs.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a very blessed weekend!!

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

5 comments:

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Awesonme card Angie, and awesome on the challenge!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous masculine card, Angie!! I just love your colors and your use of the ship!! The twine and the background are perfect!! Gorgeous take on the sketch!! I am so thankful and blessed to have you share this for the challenge. You are so appreciated!!
hugs,
Chris
MWAAAH dear friend!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Angie, this is fabulous! And since your brother loves to fish, this is perfect! I just love how you've used this set and the background! I have this on my wish list, but it just moved up!! I just love your style…love these great colors and the "signature" piercing! Hugs, sweet friend! So glad you supported us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge…our honor! Hugs, Cheryl

Marlena M. said...

Angie, this is wonderful! The netted background is so cool. I bet your brother loved it~

Kelley said...

Hi Ang! Love this card! I am sure your brother did too! So cool!!