Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Retirement.....by the Sea!

Hi there!  Today I would like to share a "soothing" card which I made for my wonderful mother-in-law, who just retired.  I am so happy for her....she has been waiting for a long time and now the day has come!  I knew I wanted to use the "Happy Retirement" set from Our Daily Bread designs and used one of my fave color combos.....aqua and corals!  Today's Free For All Challenge at Splitcoast is to use your favorite colors, so here they are!

ODBD "Happy Retirement" Designer Angie Crockett

This was a quick and easy scene.....stamped the beach scene, added the sentiment in the sand, colored the sky and sand with sponge daubers and ink pads, colored the rest with markers, added paper piercing around the edges, and for a finishing touch I went with May Arts twine and a seashell charm.  Since the twine was pretty thick, I added two layers of foam tape to the back of the panel to pop it up.

ODBD "Happy Retirement" Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a very blessed weekend!!!

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett



1 comment:

Kelley said...

Congratulations to your MIL!!! so awesome!! Your card is so BEAUTIFUL!!