Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bible Verse Thursday Challenge - Storms of Life



Happy Thursday, everyone!!! Time for another Bible Verse Thursday Challenge at Christian Paper Crafts! This week's challenge theme is "Storms of Life".....we all go through rough patches in life when we feel lost or hopeless or distressed. The Lord is our strenth and our hope in times like this and His word is a comfort. For this challenge, create a card, layout, or altered item with storms in mind. Here are some examples for your creations: weather (thunderstorms or snowstorms), what comes after a rain storm (rainbows or flowers perhaps?), create something for a friend or loved one who may be going through one of those life storms (a comforting verse or scene), or choose a verse for your project which speaks of weather....perhaps Jesus calming the stormy sea? Our challenges at Christian Paper Crafts are meant to be "stretched", to give more paper-crafters the chance to play along! We can't wait to see your take on the challenge!!

For my sample, I used the "Fish Background" stamp and "Scripture Collection 4", along with Basic Grey "Oliver" designer paper. The twill is from May Arts, the twine I got from a flea market for a buck, and the charm is from Michael's but not sure which brand.

Along with the Bible Verse Thursday Challenge, I have also used the following challenges in the making of this card:

Mary's Color Monday Challenge at Christian Paper Crafts;
Our Daily Bread designs
Shining The Light Challenge: H.E.A.R.T. recipe challenge: I used Hemp (twine), A (any ODBD stamps), and R (ribbon);
All Sorts: Sentiment Focal.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! God Bless!!

4 comments:

Runnergirl Creations said...

Beautiful card! I love the verse! Thanks for sharing! :) Blessings!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning take on the inspiration and I just love the layout with the fish backgrounds and your colors. The verse is perfect. Thanks for always supporting our Shining the Light challenges Angie...it really means a lot to me.

hugs,
Chris

Have a great day!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Angie, what a gorgeous card, girl!! I love the challenge for today and will upload my card in a bit over at CPC ;D. Thanks so much for supporting the Shining the Light Challenge again this week. You are such a faithful and amazing sister!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Chrysalis said...

What a lovely card! Someone gave me 6 small wooden crosses, and I didn't know what to do with them - til now! I'll turn them into Easter cards to sell for charity. Thanks for sharing xx