Sunday, September 5, 2010

Unfrogettable Birthday



My nephew, Ethan, turns 2 this weekend....he loves cars and trucks, but I didn't have the time to round up any stamps like that, so frogs it is! The sentiment is from one of my fave SU sets, "Unfrogettable", plus its coordinating "Lily Pad" wheel, and the little frogs are from "Very Punny". I haven't used Polyshrink shrinkable plastic in a while, so I stamped three frogs, cut them out with paper snips, and shrunk them down with my heat tool, placed one on the tag and one in each corner for embellishments. The water was sponged with Tempting Turquoise, using a scratch paper mask.

I have used the following challenges in the making of this card:
The Fun On Friday Challenge at Christian Paper Crafts is to use numbers on your project;
Just Scraps Challenge#18: Fussy Cutting;
Our Creative Corner: ABC's and 123's;
Etsy Inspired Challenge: I LOVED the colors in this ring from the very fun Glamasaurus store;
Stamp Something Challenge: Something Cute;
Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast: Once again, I LOVE turquoise and olive, so I chose this bag.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a blessed holiday weekend!!



9 comments:

Jean said...

Perfect card for the fussy cutting challenge Angella. Love the little shrinkart frogs. Ethan is going to love this card! Thanks for playing along at Just Scraps. Hope to see you back again.

Virginia L. said...

This is so CUTE, Angela! Love the sentiment! Your little nephew will love it! Thanks for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

SmilynStef said...

Love all of those hoppin' frogs ... adorable inspired card.

papertrails leaver said...

oh my goodness this is like the cutest card ever! Love those frogs!

Queenie said...

WOW!! i think that this card is so much fun! What a perfect design for a little boy's birthday. Great execution and technique! Thanks for playing EIC this week!

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh what a hopping cute card. I love all the little frogs and the sentiment is cute too. Wonderful job with the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
mwah
Trace

de said...

Pretty colors inspired by that gorgeous ring! Love all the frogs!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Saints Rule! said...

I had to leap over here and leave a comment... (sorry, I couldn't resist). He is going to LOVE this card!

Pati said...

How fun and funny!! Very cute card! I have a grand-nephew who's turning 2 at the end of the month and his thing is frogs, how funny!