Sunday, March 28, 2010

Case by Case!

This week's Case Artist Saturday challenge over at Christian Paper Crafts is for you to choose a card from Singing2Day's gallery to copy. I chose this beautiful card because I loved the Cuttlebugged background and basic layout of the card. The card I have made is a birthday card for my brother-in-law. I used the Our Daily Bread designs' set, "In God We Trust", and the "Inked Cuttlebug" technique using the Stars Embossing Folder. I have also used the Pile It On Challenge, called "Animal-rific"....check out the challenge and their fun site here.


This card I made for Splitcoast's Featured Artist from this past Sunday, Cathy aka Mutnik, who is my STAMPING HERO!! Kathy is not only a talented stamper, but a fantastic artist as well, who is clever, creative, witty, and sooooo much fun!!! She even draws her own comic strips for her cards sometimes!! There was noooooo way to pick just one card from Cathy's gallery, so I am basing this card on her ENTIRE gallery.....you want to see lots of creativity (and funny stuff too), check our her gallery! Anyhoo.....this is a birthday card for my nephew, Conner. Though I have never watched "Family Guy" and probably never will, he had asked for gifts with Stewey on them, so I made a card instead. I used a clip-art photo, traced the lighter parts and paper pieced each and every colored section......I wanted a very solid look, so I chose not to trace the whole thing and color it, but used colored card-stock for everything...this took quite a while. The sentiment stamp really says "With enough coffee, I could rule the world", but I replaced coffee with cake from another stamp. The background is the Cuttlebug Herringbone Embossing Folder.



Thanks so much for stopping by today!! Have a blessed week!!! (Stay tuned for another round of new releases by Our Daily Bread designs on the 1st!!)

6 comments:

Crystal said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Stewie card! that is just the coolest idea ever! my family loves that show and this is a fab job! you rocked it girl! hugs!

Kay's Creative Corner said...

You can say that again!! lol!! Beautiful cards!

Audrey said...

What great cards! I love Stewie. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

Jennifer said...

This is such a sweet card! Thanks for piling it on with us. Hugs!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Two great cards - especially love the eagle one and how you inked the embossed stars. Great job on the PIO challenge. So happy you could join in the fin this week with Pile it On!

Rosanne said...

Terrific cards! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!