Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Quiet Waters Sumtoy CASE

Well, we're back from vacation....already! Boy, time flies when you're.....not at work!!!

This week's featured stamper over at Splitcoast is Roseann aka sumtoy! Wow, it took a while to cruise her immense gallery! Sooooo many great cards....it was hard to make a decision, but I finally chose this card to case. I loved the layout and the center panel....unfortunately I miscalculated on the size of my image panel and it turned out much larger than Roseann's. My second error was to make a square card....it wasn't very balanced so I added blue pearls.
This card also fits Judy's Limited Supply Challenge from Friday, to use only colors of water or sand....blues, greens, and browns......perfect! Plus we were to use piercing, ribbon, and brads (I saw others cheat by using pearls instead of brads, so I jumped on board too!!!) Please don't crack my knuckles with a ruler, Judy!!! lol!!!

Now for the card details: This set is called "Quiet Waters", new this month from Our Daily Bread Designs. The image was stamped on watercolor paper with Stazon Jet Black, an extra tree stamped on the right side, and the rest of the scene I sketched in before watercoloring with an Aquapainter. After it was dry, I painted over the water with Pearl Glimmer Mist to give it a sparkle. The deer were highlighted with a Signo Gel Pen. The background dsp is Basic Grey Wisteria. Finished with Hero Arts blue pearls and ribbon from May Arts.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will post some vacation photos later this week! Have a blessed day!

10 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Angie! This is awesomely gorgeous!!!! I've been stalking your blog for your post-vacation card! And I am not disappointed! Hope you had a great time on vacation!

Dawn B. said...

Angella this is amazing. I love the pearls. Every time I see this image I remember home... I am heading that way for a much needed vaca too. Super job.. Love this.

Connie M. said...

What a beauty Angella!! Love what you did with that fab ribbon too!!

Kelley said...

Gorgeous scene you created! Wonderful card made by a wonderful person!

Betty Wright said...

Angella, this is fabulous!!!! I love how you extended the scene. Still looking to see how you did that it looks so wonderful!!! Great colors, coloring, and detailing as always!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Angella! Fantastic coloring!

Taylor said...

Angella, this is absolutely beautiful!!! Every card you make is a jaw dropper!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love this design Angie! Gorgeous coloring and love your corner embellishing! Beautiful work as always!! You are d bomb girl!! You are such an inspiration to me in more ways than one!!
hugs,
Chris

Lorelie Kim said...

I love your coloring and hand drawn tree tops!! That trim on the corners is gorgeous!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Oh I love the soothing colors and the ribbon is fabulous.