Sunday, April 30, 2017

Rockin' Out With Elvis!

Hi, everyone!  This week's Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast is Kandie aka Kemernow....congrats, Kandie!!!  I fell in love with this beautiful silhouette card, with the turquoise background and simple layout.  I followed the same general design and colors, but went very CAS with my card.  I am an Elvis nut and love when I have the opportunity to use these fun stamps (from Crackerbox Palace) which I picked up at a stamp show a couple of years ago.  Instead of coloring the full background, I used a star stencil around the edges of the image which was inked in Stazon Jet Black and stamped three times in a row for the shadow effect. This is a birthday card for one of my nephews who I was tickled to hear also loves Elvis!!!!  I will also be submitting this card to the 'Less Is More' shadow challenge.

Stamps by Crackerbox Palace, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

Angie Crockett of Body Mind Spirit and Stamps

6 comments:

Kathyk said...

And this card ROCKS too!

Kathyk

Susan said...

Ha ha, this is a super fun card. Love your idea here! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

I'm with Kathy! Your card definitely ROCKS the house down! A brilliant take on our shadow challenge and who can resist such a wonderful stamped image and delicate BG. Fabulous idea and thanks for playing along at Less is More this week.

Jan said...

What a great card xx Jan

Esther said...

Oh wow, what a fab card! I LOVE your take on our shadow challenge, so cool and vibrant! Great design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Neets B said...

Your double shadow adds fantastic movement, and I love the delicate stencilling with it.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x