Saturday, July 30, 2016

Dare To Get Dirty Week Begins!

Happy Saturday, everyone!  Saturday is my fave day of the week to stamp, but today is extra special....the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges begin today...yay!!!  All Fan Club members at Splitcoast get to "rub elbows" with the Dirty Dozen alumni and participate in a boat load of challenges for a full week!!!  Every Saturday brings along my favorite Splitcoast Challenge each week, the Inspiration Challenge.  This week's challenge is to find inspiration from the Paper Art Pinterest Board....I loved the butterflies carved from the book HERE (2nd project down).  To begin, I stamped the Prayer of St. Francis (from Our Daily Bread designs) onto cream cardstock, then positioned the butterfly dies from ODBD Custom 'Butterfly and Bugs' Dies and ODBD 'Tres Papillons' Dies over select parts of the script.  After cutting, they were sponged with Ranger Antique Linen ink and popped up over the black card base.  The fancy strip was cut out with my brand new ODBD Custom Flower Lattice Die. The die cut word and sentiment are from the Thanks for Everything Stamp/Die Duo.  I had planned to have an ivory background like the inspiration photo, but when I saw how cool the die cut looked against the black, I changed in mid-stream....that's a stamper's prerogative, right?! :)  Along with today's Inspiration Challenge, I will also be submitting this to Dina's DTGD challenge.  One down, forty-some challenges to go!

ODBD Thanks for Everything Stamp/Die Duos, ODBD Custom Flower Lattice Die, ODBD Custom Butterfly and Bugs Dies, ODBD Custom Tres Papillons Dies, ODBD Prayer of St Francis, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for stopping by!  Get ready for extra posts from me for the next week....lots of stamping to do!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett


No comments: