Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sportie Frogs Baby Shower Gift and Card

Hi everyone! Today I would like to share a baby shower gift and card for a young couple at my church. Their nursery theme is sports.....I had a blast pairing up these adorable frogs from the Stampin Up set, "Unfrogettable" with the sports stamps from Stampabilities!

The hillsides were cut from some retired Stampin Up designer paper....the chipboard letters on the frame below were covered with the same paper, then popped up with foam tape over the sky which was sponged over a punched scalloped circle.

Here is a close up of the framed scene....are these sportie frogs adorable, especially with the googlie eyes?!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs 'Noah's Ark' (card), Stampin Up 'Unfroggetable', and Stampabilities sports balls;
Cardstock: Stampin Up Brocade Blue and Whisper White;
Designer paper: Retired Stampin Up (not sure of the name);
Accessories: Chipboard Letters (sorry, name unknown), SU Ribbon, googlie eyes, Stampin Up ink pads and sponge daubers for coloring.



I have incorporated the following challenges:
Splitcoast's Ways To Use It Challenge: Boy and Their Toys;
Pixie Cottage: Things With Wings (dragonfly);
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes;
Craft Your Passion Challenge 100! : Anything Goes;
The Pink Elephant: At least three layers;
Stampin Sisters In Christ: Things With Wings.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! God bless!


9 comments:

Sandy said...

How lovely to make a card and do the name of the baby in a frame to match the card, love this fantastic idea. The frogs are so cute... :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Angie: My daughter, Sheri Fulcher, and I want to thank you for your caring thoughts and prayers, and for the beautiful card you sent. Sheri had her surgery, and because of all the prayers she is doing well. I don't know if Kelley told you the whole story, but God answered our prayers. God is so good. I go on your blog a lot. All your cards are so beautiful. ODBD's design team is "the best." Thanks again for your card and prayers.

Margie Fulcher

Lisa said...

This is absolutely adorable! Love the cute little frogs and the coloring. Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly and good luck :)

Miesje said...

OMGoodness! I love this. I have that stamp set and that paper somewhere in my closet! I also have 2 grandsons on the way so loving this! I am so glad you could join us again this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Becky said...

This is awesome! What a wonderful idea.

Mary Lou said...

Hi Angie~~Awhh these are soooo very cute!!! Love the scene you created--just darling!!Sweet sweet sweet!!!!
Thanks for joining in the fun at The Pixie Cottage!!
Hugz

Kim said...

I'm a sucker for the Unfroggetable set, and you used it in a wonderful way! Love the froggy/sports combo of images. Beautifully done, my friend!

Meadowlarksworld.blogspot.com said...

Too cute, could you do a tutorial on the paper piercing you do on your cards. They are so elegant. I would love to know what you use to paper pierce, I have been trying to find out how to paper pierce the cards I make, can you help?
thanks.

Meadowlarksworld.blogspot.com said...

Too cute, love the page, could you or do you have a tutorial on the paper piercing you do on your cards and what you use. I am anxious to buy the templates and do not know where to get them. The square, oval and the way you paper pierce around the Nestabilites dies, can you help? Thanks and so love your designs, thanks so much for sharing.