Sunday, January 13, 2019

Stenciled Pansies

Hi, everyone!  This week's Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast is Lori aka ArtzadoniaStudio...congrats, Lori!!  I chose this gorgeous card to case from Lori's gallery (flipped the layout to horizontal).  My intention was to use the same shaved pencil technique but I could not find my pencil sharpener ANYWHERE! (Grrr!)  So, I used ink and sponges instead.  The stencil I used is one I bought over 22 years ago to decorate/paint my new mailbox when we moved.   The stencil was taped down to watercolor paper; a yellow marker was used to color the pansy centers then a clear glaze pen sealed the yellow in to protect it from the purples.  Olive, lavender and razzleberry inks were sponged. Once the stencil was lifted, yellow was sponged in the center (which unfortunately smeared some of the razzleberry.)  The panel was cut out with the DD Custom Pierced Rectangles Dies and the sentiment from 'My Friend' (also from Divinity Designs) was stamped in Stazon Gothic Purple.  Since I used three different mediums and one of the oldest craft items in my stash, I will also submit this to the MIX311 challenge from Friday.  Since the stencil used was re-purpsed for paper-crafting instead of a painting stencil for home decor, I will also submit this to the December Fan Club 'Flea Market Flip' Challenge.

Divinity Designs My Friend and Pierced Rectangles Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for visiting!

Blessings,

Divinity Designs Designer Angie Crockett

No comments: