Friday, April 14, 2017

Take Me Home Country Roads

Hi, everyone!  This week's Friday Free4All Challenge theme over at Splitcoast is 'The Wheels Go Round and Round'.  My 'wheels' are on this vintage truck from the Artistic Outpost set, 'Home'.  I picked up this awesome stamp set at the Our Daily Bread designs booth at the Indy stamp show last month.  'Vintage' is not my normal style, but there were a couple of AO sets on my wish list for a while.  I started out by cutting the ivory panel with the ODBD Custom Double Stitched Rectangles Dies set before stamping.  The sentiment is part of the truck stamp, so I used masking to stamp the truck alone and to stamp the sentiment on a separate piece in order to cut the words apart.  Using masking on the truck, the trees were stamped in the background.  The card base was swiped with rust and brown ink pads to create the 'faux wood' look.  Antique copper brads were used as accents.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Get ready for extra posts from me this weekend so that I may do some catching up on cards I've created recently!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

No comments: