Wednesday, May 15, 2013

North Coast Creations May New Release Blog Hop!

Hi, everyone!  Welcome to the North Coast Creations May New Release Blog Hop!!!  This month we have two super fun sets to reveal.....I am absolutely in love with both of them....you will be too!!!

Hop to each of the designer blogs, leave a comment, then head back to the North Coast Creations Blog and let us know that you have finished.  You have until Friday, May 17th, at 9 pm EDT to complete the hop.  There will be 2 random commentors chosen to win a $10 gift certificate each to the NCC store!  Woo hoo!

Here is a blog list for the participating "Coasters":

Sandee
Lori
Cathy
Dawn
Julie
Angie....you are here!!
Sabrina
North Coast Creations Blog

For my first sample, I have used the new "You're The Bomb" set!!!

North Coast Creations "You're The Bomb"


This is an anniversary card for my hubby......tomorrow is our 21st Anniversary!  After cutting out and coloring the popsicles, I covered them (and the little heart) with Ranger Glossy Accents.  I'm so proud of myself that I was able to let them dry for a couple of hours without "testing" them to see if they were dry.....I have ruined so many projects due to impatience!! :)  The background was stamped with the "Wood Background" from NCC's parent company, Our Daily Bread designs.  I love how easy it is to mix and match the stamps from both companies!!

North Coast Creations "You're The Bomb" Card Designer Angie Crockett

Our next super fun set is "What's the Scoop?"  Who doesn't like ice cream, right?!  I plan to use both of these new sets for kid cards, however, I have quite a few adults in mind as well!

North Coast Creations "What's the Scoop"

My second sample today is a Mint-Chocolate Chip treat created with the "What's The Scoop?" set......I LOVE this set.....it makes me silly and giggly!!!!  I used masking to create the layered look.....when you do masking, make sure you cut your mask just inside the lines, so that when you stamp the next piece, the stamped lines will match up with no gaps.  The ice cream and cone were colored with sponge daubers and the chocolate pieces were cut from brown cardstock and glued on randomly. The background was stamped with the "Gingham Background" stamp from Our Daily Bread designs.....who needs designer paper when you have great background stamps?!


Thanks for hanging out with us today!  Hope you have enjoyed all of the fun projects!!!  For more samples, visit the Samples Gallery at North Coast Creations!

Blessings,


14 comments:

D- said...

Oh my these are wonderful cards. Great colors. TFS.
Happy anniversary!
D~ dmcardaker (AOL)
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Jackie Boggs said...

Love your cards. Really liked that you used the wood grain look for your husband's card. It gave me some great ideas! My husband works for a dairy farm that makes and sells their own ice cream, must buy that set for sure.
Jackie B

Cathymac said...

Angie...these are both absolutely delicious! I just love mint chocolate chip ice-cream, so the second one has to be my favorite! I have to tell you, I've also ruined a lot of projects with Glossy Accents for the same reason! LOL! Hugs!

nightangel0515 said...

Love your cards. The second one is my fave - MMMMM mint chocholate chip - makes me wish I had one now.
Hugs, Lourdes

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Angella, I love your cards!!! I love grape popsicles! And the green card with that gingham BG is so beautiful!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Angie, girl, both of your cards are awesome! Love the popsicle one but that mint chocolate chip one, oh my goodness, it looks so real.....LOVE it! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Dawn said...

Mmmmm... Yum!
Love the mint chocolate chip and the Gingham BG!!

Jennifer said...

The popsicle and the ice cream look as if they are both jumping out of the cards,wishing me to eat them both. Yummmmeeee, what one to choose??? Hugs, Jen :-)
Krafty Keepsakes

Cards By Jan said...

Awesome Angie, just in time for summer, love the new sets!!
Hugs

Donna F W said...

Too cute and very summery.

Sandy said...

makes me drool for ice cream

Mary Ann said...

WOW!Your cards are very pretty,love the stamps!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are so sweet, Angie! Love the woodgrain on the first and the gingham on the second. So pretty!

JD/ Jill said...

Both these cards are done so well...the first one for your hubby is so cute...(Happy Anniversary! Hope it's the best one yet!) and with your second card...I really like the colors that you used. At first I thought you background paper was a dp you used...but that stamp worked great (another one for my wish list...and the little chocolate sprinkles is such a great idea...very creative.