Friday, May 24, 2013

Girls Love Fishing Too!

Hi, everyone!  Happy Friday!!  This week's Shining the Light Challenge over at the Our Daily Bread designs Blog is "Sky or Water.....easy peasy with this month's Fishing theme! Today's Friday Free4All Challenge at Splitcoast is to repeat an item on your project.  Though I was not able to repeat my stamps here, I did use multiple strands of Baker's Twine, plus I added a second coral button at the top corner to match the other button.  This week's Clean and Simple Challenge is "That Smells Good" (ocean air!). This is a birthday card for a dear friend of mine who belongs to a ladies fishing club.  Who says outdoor stamps have to be for guy cards only?!  The image is from "The Waves on the Sea"; the sentiment is from "Fishing", both from Our Daily Bread designs.

ODBD "The Waves on the Sea", "Fishing", Card Designer Angie Crockett

I need to thank one of my dear sweet "Sistah Sticks", Diana Nguyen, who inspired me with a gorgeous card (which is not in her gallery as of yet).....the sponged strip with the image going above and below was ingenious....thanks, Diana!!!

Thanks for visiting today!  Tomorrow is the first day for sneak peek projects for Our Daily Bread designs June sets.....yay!!  I hope to have something ready for you!

Blessings,


8 comments:

Grace said...

Angie this is soooo pretty! I loved that card of Diana's too and you rocked it as well! Love your sponged scene!!!

hugs,
Grace

Sherry Kushibab said...

Love this set and this sponging effect is quite nice.

JD/ Jill said...

What a pretty card! So very nicely done!

Lynn McAuley said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Lucy E. said...

What a gorgeous, peaceful card! I love that strip of color-it really looks like a morning sky!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer Angie!! This is incredibly beautiful!! I just love it!! Your coloring and design are stunning!! Thanks for creating a sample for the ODBDSLC!! You are the best!!

hugs,
Chris

Kelley said...

You did an awesome job on the colors and I love it!!

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty. Love the sponging. My daughter loves to fish, but not me. :)
I have this set and might have to try this idea. TFS