Sunday, December 12, 2010

Birthday Sunset

Happy Sunday!! Yes, I have another birthday card to share with you....this one is for a co-worker, Terry. He loves the outdoors, so I wanted to incorporate some nature in his card. This week's Wednesday Case Artist Challenge at Christian Paper Crafts helped me to decide on this image from the ODBD "With Heartfelt Sympathy" set. This week's featured artist is Lori aka saintsrule....I chose this card for the clean and simple layout, plus the image she used reminded me of cat-tails. Check out Lori's work on her blog, her Splitcoast gallery, or her gallery at Christian Paper Crafts....she is super-amazingly-talented!!

I have also incorporated the following challenges into this card:
Etsy-Inspired Challenge: I chose this gorgeous necklace from the Tzaddi Shop because of the gorgeous sunset colors;
Tuesday Throwdown: Clean and Simple;
Splitcoast's 300th Color Challenge was to revisit a past Color Challenge....I chose CC224...perfect for a sunset scene!


Card details:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs "With Heartfelt Sympathy" (image) and "Dad" for the birthday sentiment;
Paper: SU Naturals Ivory and Cajun Craze, Basic Grey "Pyrus" designer paper;
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, SU Inks and markers;
Accessories: Oval Nestabilities, sponge daubers for coloring, scratch paper for masking, May Arts Twill Ribbon, brass brads, paper piercer and template.


Thanks for stopping by! If I can get a good photo, my next post just MIGHT be a scrapbook page!! Have a blessed Sunday!!

5 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love how you incorporated those beautiful sunset shades into your design ... lovely Etsy Inspired card.

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Angie! Love this sophisticated card with great details ( the paper-pieced holes are awesome in this)! Thanks so much for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge,

Davi said...

A beautiful card Angela...love the stripes and the image. Thanks for sharing it with us at TT this week.

Darlene Gabriel said...

This is a beautiful sunset scene you've created. It would make a wonderful masculine card with the striped DP and twill ribbon. I'm loving the piercing on this card.

de said...

What a great masculine birthday card! I'm sure your co-worker will appreciate the hard work that's gone into it!

Thanks for playing EIC this week!