Sunday, December 12, 2010

Altered CD Case and Card

Hi there! I'm not sure how long it's going to take to get through this month's birthday list, but this card makes one more checked off of the list! I used both the Clean and Simple Saturday Challenge at Christian Paper Crafts (sketch) and the Clean and Simple Challenge at Splitcoast to use a bow on your CAS card. This card was a lot of fun to make....I think I might make several more of these in different colors! I used the Prima designer paper scraps leftover from the altered CD case below which I made last weekend.

I have also used the following challenges in the making of this card:
Crafty Pad: Embossing;
Delightful Challenges: Embossing;
Stamp Insanity: It's all about me, me, me! (This card has everything I love..paper piercing, Victoria EF, Glimmer Mist, Satin Ribbon, Pearls, butterflies....can't get any better than that in my book!!);
Tuesday Throwdown: Clean and Simple.


Here is a close up which shows a bit of the "Pearl" Glimmer Mist on the "Victoria" embossed background. The butterflies were punched with a Martha Stewart punch and the pearls are Zva Creative. The May Arts satin bow above was tied with a Bow Easy.


This is a brown metal CD case (with a pink zipper) which I found at Michael's for 50 cents...cha ching!!! For instructions on how I decorated it, please see the "Time With Angie" post on the Our Daily Bread designs blog from earlier in the week. The scripture verse is from "Sing To The Lord", the designer paper is Prima "Annabelle", the pearls are Zva Creative, and the May Arts satin ribbon was tied with a Bow Easy.


Thanks for putting up with the "birthday card binge" this weekend!! Who knows....I might just get back to holiday projects before the month is over!!

God Blessings to you!!!



14 comments:

Beth said...

Omigoodness - Angella! This is just GORGEOUS! WOW! I am drooling - this is fabulous!!! Thank you so much for sharing a little bit of yourself with us at StampInsanity! xx

Becky said...

OH MY Word Girl!! These are fabulous.. I just love this design paper you used. love the butterflies and the white and pink. Both of these are just stunning-stunning.. Angella you really out did yourself on these. :)

Lorraine said...

Beautiful. Classy, elegant and gorgeous. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Angela, your card and altered CD case are absolutely gorgeous. I love the pink and white. The DP you used for the butterflies is gorgeous too. I'm with you -- love love love the pearls, ribbon and shimmer. TFS

KC said...

that card is great! I'm sure its really glimmery in person! and I agree you can't get much better than that;) Thank you for sharing a bit of yourself with us at the Stamp Insanity!

Lauren said...

This is super cute! Love that paper! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next week!

Lauren

Cec said...

What gorgeous creations. Your card is so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

Kim said...

Your card is gorgeous! I couldn't find your e-mail under your profile. Please e-mail me. I have a question for you.

tuesdaythrowdown at gmail dot com

Debbie said...

gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad challenge this week. :)

Debbie The Crafty Pad

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Awsome, love the light colours it gives it all such a stylish look. Great job.
Thanks for joining StampInsanity.

Hugs, Rosalien

Louise F NZ said...

WOW! These are just stunning. I love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

mrsk06 said...

Totally gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing along with The Crafty Pad this week! Hugz Sal x

Barbara said...

Angella, your card and CD case is so beautiful. WOW is all I can say..makes me want to get back to "regular stamping!." I too stamp all the cards that I need for the month at one time. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.

Sonia said...

I love how you used the glimmer mist on the butterflies. Also the pearls on the CD case just make it!