Saturday, May 22, 2010

It's a Grace CASE!!!!



This week's Shining the Light Challenge on the ODBD blog is to use your sentiment or verse as the focal point. Woo hoo....no problemo!!! I'm so blessed to have so many ODBD stamps to choose from for this!!

This week's Case Artist Saturday Challenge at Christian Paper Crafts is to re-create an item from Grace Nywening's awesome gallery!! Congrats, Grace!!!! Grace is not only an amazing paper-crafter, and my DT sister at Our Daily Bread designs, but she is truly an inspiration to Christian women everywhere!! Grace is the real deal and I love her dearly!!! Check out Grace's blog HERE, her gallery at CPC HERE or her Splitcoast Gallery HERE. I chose this gorgeous card to case....it's not easy to duplicate her works of art, but I gave it my best shot!!!

I am also using Jen's Color Monday Challenge, to use the Shabby Chic colors of either pink & brown or blue & brown....since this will be a graduation card for my brother's girlfriend, I will be using her fave color....blue!!! And this is the second card this week for the Bible Verse Thursday Challenge...the theme is "The Path".

Also, over at Splitcoast, the Inspiration Challenge is to choose a pic from Amy Atlas Events for your inspiration.....I chose this awesome dessert table.....the blues and browns just made me "ooh" and "aah"!!! Also at Splitcoast, the Free4All Challenge yesterday was to use buttons and bows!

Earlier this week I posted a wedding card which I made while doing the Product Review on Prima Flowers for Our Daily Bread designs. I explained how I de-constructed some of the "Alabaster Round Petal" flowers in order to use the small buds. The photo below shows one complete flower, one after the center bud was "extracted", and the small flower is one layer of the de-constructed flower cut apart and glued back together with a smaller diameter. I covered the center with a button for my card above. With a little thought, see how these flowers can be used in many different ways?

Other supplies used for the card sample: "Path of Life" stamp set by Our Daily Bread designs, Memory Box "Frond" designer paper, Spellbinders Square Nestabilities, Circle Nestabilities, and Labels Three. The button is Basic Grey, the gingham ribbon is by Ribbon FX by Hobby Lobby, the suede ribbon leaves are by May Arts, and there is lots of "Pearl" Glimmer Mist for a grand finale!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!! Stay tuned next week for sneak peeks on the upcoming releases from Our Daily Bread designs.....you're gonna love 'em!!! Have a very blessed weekend!!

10 comments:

Grace said...

Wow Angie!!! This is soooo pretty! I love the blue and brown tones and the wonderful verse! Way to go with all those challenges!!! I love how you made the smaller version of the flower too! You are so clever my friend!!! THanks so much for casing me!!! Hugs and blessings,
Grace

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Angella this is so gorgeous!!!! You are amazing! I do good to get two challenges on one card!!! LOL!!!

Wendy @ E-1-A said...

Beautiful xx

Janine Rachau said...

Wow! Beautiful card and great case! Love the inking and penwork!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Angie!! I just love your square panels and your flowers!! What an awesome case!! What an honor for Grace and a great post about her. You girls are both such an inspiration to me!!!! Thanks for adding this to the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge. I feel like such a little kid when I see you girls adding your creations. What eye candy and a blessing to have your support and participation. Love ya girl!!
Have a great week!
hugs,
Chris

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is just wonderful, Angella! I love the colors and fabulous background squares.

America said...

Your work is always fabulous and I love your ideas with the flowers. and here, this is another stunner! YOU GO GIRL!!!

Kelley said...

Yep, Grace is the real deal and so are you, my friend!!!! Your card is so pretty!!!

iiSwanSongii said...

Blog Hopping from Becca's Blog! Looking through your posts, I have to comment on this card. I absolutely love the colors you used. I see in your cards what i also see in Becca's how every inch of the card is interesting and 'thought' about. If you know what I mean. This card is designed with 'just enough' which I really love. The eye for detail. Great job! ~Jeannie

Sharon in NE said...

Love that idea!