Saturday, February 16, 2019

Royal Shaving Cream

Isle of Wight Studio Glass Blue Wave Amphora
Hi, everyone!  This week's Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast is to find inspiration from the glass works at Isle of Wight Studio Glass.....I'm a sucker for royal blue and white, so I chose this awesome vase and tried the shaving cream technique with Brilliant Blue ink.  It didn't come out as marbly as I planned since hubs only had shave gel instead of shave cream.  Since it didn't foam up, I had to get creative and move the ink around with the cardstock and swirl it around a bit.  It ended up to be one giant mess, so while I was inky, I made about eight different panels by adding different colors and designs with a paste knife.  Now I have a stash of backgrounds for later.  Once the panel was dry, it was adhered to a card front, a frame cut with the Divinity Designs Custom Pierced Rectangles Dies was popped with foam tape and the sentiments from the 'You Bless Me So' Stamp/Die Duos set were added.  I didn't want to cover up the background, so the only embellishments added were three sparkly blue sequins.


Divinity Designs: You Bless Me So Stamp/Die Duos, Pierced Rectangles Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for visiting with me!

Blessings,

Designer for Divinity Designs LLC Angie Crockett

No comments: