Friday, February 1, 2019

Find Refuge / Gouache Watercolor

Hi, everyone!  Today I stepped way out of my comfort zone and tried a new technique, for the Mixability Challenge over at Splitcoast, which was a bit messy and my fingers are stained....eek!  (Next time I will wear rubber gloves! lol!)  The technique is called 'Gouache Watercolor'.....since I do not own any Gouache paint, I created my own by mixing watercolor re-inkers with acrylic paint.  With a wet sponge, the different colors of the hybrid paint mixtures were dabbed onto the panel.  Since my hands were already messy, I created several more panels to use in the future.  Once the panel was dry, it was cut out with the Divinity Designs Custom Pierced Rectangles Dies.  The Friday Free4All Challenge theme at SCS is 'I might use this someday'......I dug into my scrap bin and found this 'Find Refuge' Bible Journal image, already cut out, plus a bunch of feathers.  All I had to do was color them...yay!!  

Divinity Designs Find Refuge and Pierced Rectangles Dies, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for visiting!

Blessings,

Divinity Designs Designer Angie Crockett

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful background Angie... and I love the scripture panel and the surrounding feathers! A beautiful result
Blessings
Maxine