Wednesday, October 31, 2018

You Make Me Happy!

Hi, everyone! For my card today, I have combined three challenges from Splitcoast Stampers....this week's Color Challenge of Cherry Cobbler, Blueberry Bushel and Bermuda Bay (dessert option of sparkle...I painted the images with Glimmer Mist after water-coloring them), this week's Sketch Challenge, plus the October Fan Club Central Theme Challenge since I have used a mermaid.  I began by adding red, blue, and aqua alcohol inks onto Yupo paper and blended them together.  The ODBD 'Chalkboard Fan' Background stamp was inked with Alcohol Lift Ink, stamped onto the yupo panel to lift the colors, then stamped onto white cardstock.  Once the ink was transferred, the cardstock panel was cut out with the ODBD Custom Pierced Rectangles Dies.  The stamps I used are from 'Happy Days Mermaids' from Your Next Stamp, which I won during the Dare To Get Dirty Challenges.  After stamping the images and cutting them out with the custom dies, I tried something new (and not easy) and water-colored with rubbing alcohol and the same alcohol inks I used on the background panel.  Since alcohol inks are permanent, they dry immediately and they are hard to blend as in normal water-coloring. 


Thanks so much for visiting!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

No comments: